Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Book Reading #18 - Design of Everyday Things

Chapter 6: The Design Challenge
Summary:
In this chapter Norman discusses more challenges that designers face. He says that most designers would like their design to look prettier compared to being more usable. It is also said how most designers are not the average user so they miss many flaws in the design. It is also discussed how one design will not be perfect because no matter how hard you try to design something not everybody will be completely happy with it.

Discussion: 
This chapter made me think of when I'm writing code for a project. Most of the time I'm thinking to myself what would look the best? But often times I have disregarded writing readable code which is more important in this case. It's also true that you cannot please everybody even in the world of design.

No comments:

Post a Comment