Monday, January 24, 2011

Ethnography ideas

I'm just brainstorming here for the upcoming ethnography project. My ideas include different groups of people to observe that I think would be interesting for me to learn more about.

1) The first group that came to mind was the Core here at Texas A&M. This was slightly motivated by Dr. Hammond talking about the military during class but another part is we see core members everyday on campus and I've seen some interesting things that I would be curious to learn more about.

2) Another group of people that I believe would be interesting to study as a student would be a group of athletes. An influence to this decision is the many teams we have here at our university.

3) My next idea is a not so obvious one but one I've had an interest in for awhile. Professional gamers would be very interesting to learn more about. There are people that actually get paid to practice and compete in computer/console games. I'm not sure how hard that would be to access compared to my first 2 ideas but I can give it a shot.

I don't think my first 2 ideas are the greatest because they are very obvious. I know a lot is already known about these groups but I think it would be interesting to learn more from them as a student. Maybe I'll wake up in the morning with more ideas. I do however think my third idea could be pretty interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment